Effective December, 2019, Massachusetts Youth Soccer expanded its insurance coverage, to benefit our members and cover recognized and approved indoor/winter play. Indoor Soccer & Futsal played in recognized leagues at approved facilities are covered under our insurance program.
The insurance program covers Mass Youth Soccer members (players and adults) who are currently registered and in good standings with their member organization and Mass Youth Soccer. If a team is not comprised fully of Mass Youth soccer members, individuals may register with Mass Youth Soccer for winter play only through the individual soccer registration process on the Mass Youth Soccer website found at: https://fs23.formsite.com/massyouth/0tsowt93ys/index.html
Contact Tara Petricca at email@example.com for any Insurance Claims or questions.
The following types of facilities are automatically considered to be recognized and approved by Massachusetts Youth Soccer.
Types of Recognized and Approved Indoor Facilities
- Facilities constructed solely for the purpose of providing indoor sports activities to include soccer, arena soccer, or futsal. These facilities may have either turf, sport court, and/or wooden floor surfaces. These facilities may be either permanent fixed wall/ceiling or approved surfaces covered by inflatable domes. Examples of such indoor facilities include ForeKicks, Roots Athletic Center, Danvers Indoor Sports, Marina Bay SportsPlex, Turf Time, Essex Sports Center, South Shore Sports Center, Teamworks, Compete Indoor Sports, plus many other similar indoor sports dedicated locations.
- Gymnasiums owned by school districts, YMCA’s, Boys and Girls Clubs, religious organizations built primarily for the use of conducting indoor sporting events.
- Indoor tennis courts repurposed (removal of nets and posts) for the playing of other sports.
- Temporarily domed outdoor fields. Fields used primarily for outdoor sporting events, including soccer, which are temporarily domed during the winter months.
Types of Indoor Facilities NOT Recognized and Approved
- Any type of building structure not specifically built for the purpose of conducting sporting events to include soccer or futsal. Examples include:
Member Organization (Towns and Clubs Only) Governance
Effective December 2019 the following is now in effect.
If an adult (typically a coach) puts a team, comprised of all town/club registered players, into an indoor league in a recognized and approved facility type under the approval from their member organization, then the member organization (town/club) must now have governance authority over this adult(s) and players.
- This governance includes overseeing team/players/coach standards, disciplinary practices, hearing complaints and grievances, etc.
- If the member organization (town/club) approves the team and maintains governance all activities will be covered by Mass Youth Soccer Insurance policies as provided similar to fall and spring play.
- If a member organization (town/club) does not approve a team, then they have no governance/jurisdiction and the adults and players will not have any Mass Youth Soccer insurance coverages in force.