Adult Registration for Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 is open
This web page will provide the Risk Manager (previously CORI Submitter) with the policies and guidelines Massachusetts Youth Soccer and all our affiliated organizations MUST follow regarding new Risk Management laws and policies including criminal background checks and Return to Soccer Activities Guidelines.
The Criminal Offender Record Information (“CORI”) law requires each youth soccer organization to identify a CORI submitter, and Massachusetts Youth Soccer to qualify that person under the State CORI Office guidelines. More on CORI Law can be found on the CORI Policies and Procedures webpage: Click here to be redirected
The role and title of the CORI Submitter has changed due to Federal Law and U.S. Soccer Policies. It is now called the Risk Manager role; it has always been an important role, and now more than ever your help is needed in implementing and enforcing the requirements and policies designed to help keep our children safe. Risk Manager responsibilities can be found in the Risk Manager Responsibilities and Guidelines document located on the right-hand side of this page.
- Note: Mass Youth Soccer is still required to collect a completed CORI Submitter Agreement form from all Risk Managers (Commonwealth of Mass Law) and verify the information on that form using a government ID.
- All steps needed to become your organization's Risk Manager can be found in the Risk Manager Checklist that is located on the right-hand side of this page.
- All steps need to gain Administrative access to U.S. Soccer Connect to manage your adult members information can be found in the "How to obtain Administrative access to U.S. Soccer Connect" document also located on the right-hand side of this page.
The Mass Youth Soccer Adult Registration Process for the Fall 2022 – Spring 2023 soccer registration year will take place using the U.S. Soccer Connect registration platform.
Adults will simultaneously complete their Mass Youth Soccer Online Adult Registration linking them to their local organization, while submitting their CORI and National background check requests through a single registration portal.
Every adult member of all organizations affiliated with Massachusetts Youth Soccer must complete An Annual Mass Youth Soccer Adult Registration.
Adult Participant Risk Management Requirements for Fall 2022 – Spring 2023 Soccer Year
To meet the obligations under the SafeSport Act and help with the implementation of new Policies and Procedures required by U.S. Soccer, all Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association adult members and member organization’s adult members will have to meet the Risk Management requirements below; this will be monitored in U.S. Soccer Connect and must be met prior to the adult receiving their required Mass Youth Soccer Adult Credential.
All four requirements listed below must be met along with an uploaded and reviewed photo, prior to an Adult Credential being available for printing.
- CORI Check submitted, report reviewed and approved by Mass Youth Soccer.
- National Background Check (NBGC) submitted, report reviewed and approved by Mass Youth Soccer; the NBGC status will only be approved if, the NBGC is clear, and State and National Sex Offender Registry Searches are clear.
- An International Background Check may be processed on certain adult participants; if required, Mass Youth Soccer will notify the adult and the organization(s) they selected in U.S. Soccer Connect.
Only one Risk Status will be visible in U.S. Soccer Connect; it will be the combination of the review of the adult’s CORI and National, and if applicable, the International background check reports.
Only one Risk Expire Date will be visible in U.S. Soccer Connect; it will be the combination of the review of all required background check reports.
- The Risk Statuses of Approved and Conditional expiration dates were changed to a set date. This is to ensure that all adults with the Risk Status of Approved, are Approved for three consecutive soccer registration years, and a minimum of one full year for the Conditional Risk Status.
- SafeSport Abuse Prevention Training must be Verified/Approved. Adults will take the initial SafeSport Abuse Prevention Core Training Course; then a refresher course within the next calendar year for the next three years, then Core training again. The training cycle will continue as long as the adult participates.
- Concussion Training must be Verified/Approved. Mass Youth Soccer’s Policy is a two-year approval; your Leagues Policy may be a one-year approval, verify with your League.
- Note: Full policy information is listed in the "Risk Manager Responsibilities and Guidelines" document located on the right-hand side of this page.
Information for member organizations that use the U.S. Soccer Connect - Sports Connect Club Registration Platform (old Blue Sombrero).
Member organizations that use the U.S. Soccer Connect Club registration platform (old Blue Sombrero) and are properly integrated with U.S. Youth and Mass Youth Soccer do not upload player registration data. The video and help guide linked below will explain how to properly integrate your registration program which will allow your data to go directly to Mass Youth Soccer.
Should you choose not to use the integrated registration function, please notify Rachel Woo at email@example.com.
IMPORTANT Sports Connect users - Read prior to opening your Fall 2021 - Spring 2022 registrations.