REGISTRATION PROCEDURES FOR MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS' REGISTRARS
As a state association affiliated with U.S. Youth Soccer and U.S. Soccer, one of the primary functions of Massachusetts Youth Soccer is to assist in the organization and the administration of youth soccer programs across the state. This task begins with the registration of all players, coaches, managers, administrators, board members and volunteers who will be involved in any aspect and at any level of a youth soccer program.
With nearly 200,000 player and adult members (volunteers and staff), the annual registration is certainly a daunting task. All of us at Massachusetts Youth Soccer appreciate all of the efforts of those across the state who help with registration. Accurate and timely registration is needed to make certain each individual involved in your organization is properly covered under Massachusetts Youth Soccer’s insurance coverage.
SPRING PLAYER REGISTRATION UPLOAD CHANGES
NEW SYSTEM AND PROCESS
Because of the recent acquisition of Affinity by Stack Sports and continued system work yet to be completed we will be using a short-term solution for Spring 2020 registration.
The process for the Spring 2020 season will be an Excel CSV file creation and upload to a secure and encrypted FilesAnywhere account (similar to how DropBox works). Detailed deadlines and instructions follow for the following steps that must be completed:Below are the steps that must be completed along with detailed instructions and deadlines.
Initial Spring 2020 Registration requirements due date has been extended to Friday April 17, 2020. All organizations are required to submit this registration which includes (1) Initial Upload of Player Registration data to FilesAnywhere account, (2) completed Fee Submission Form, and (3) Initial Payment by Friday March 13, 2020.
Annual Leadership Reports will be replaced by a module within the US Soccer Connect system making it much easier to update. All leadership information must be kept up to date as changes are made. In the interim please complete the online Annual Leadership Report (Click Here)
Final Spring Registration will be due on Friday May 8, 2020. All organizations are required to submit this registration which includes (1) Final Upload of Player Registration data to FilesAnywhere account, (2) completed Fee Submission Form reflecting player/coach additions, and (3) Final Payment by May 8th. If the organization does not have any adds to their registrations after the March 13 date, an email to Rachel Woo with this notice is required.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SPRING 2020 REGISTRATION SUBMISSIONS
1) Proper upload of player registration files in an Excel file using CSV format to the Mass Youth Soccer FilesAnywhere account. Details instructions on how to create the Excel CSV file are provided below along with how to manage the FilesAnywhere account upload.
Click Here for Excel file template
Click here for FilesAnywhere Upload Link
*** Reminder that Adults are no longer included in the uploaded data. All adults will be verified through the required Adult Registration Process. ***
2) Fee Submission Form emailed to Rachel Woo. Please note that the Fee Submission Form includes a certification by the registrar that the facts and figures contained in the registration database being submitted are true and accurate and that ALL of the individuals involved in the organization are being properly registered. firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Here for Form
Even though adult data is not included in the player upload, all adults must be accurately recorded in the Fee Submission Form.
(Per Player Fee is $17, Per Adult Fee is $17)
3) Initial payment for player and adult registrations to accompany initial submission.
4) Final data upload, form and payment for all additional player and adult registrations after the initial submission must be received no later than May 8, 2020. (Note only to list new additional members on the fee form when submitting additional registration information).
5) Annual Leadership Report – THE REPORT MUST BE COMPLETED USING THE CURRENT FORM UNTIL IT HAS BEEN REPLACED BY A NEW SYSTEM. All leadership information must be kept up to date as changes are made. Annual Leadership Report (Click Here)
Each youth soccer organization in the state must compile and maintain a registration database. Most organizations appoint a Registrar to oversee all such registration functions. The database will contain identifying information for each individual involved in the organization.
COMPILING THE REGISTRATION DATABASE
Due to new requirements from US Soccer’s implementation of their National Data Center and the convergence to new US Soccer Connect system we must receive more information than needed in the past. Certain U.S. Soccer questions have been added, but are not required (Country of Birth, Country of Citizenship and Played Abroad). One parent email address is now required.
After Mass Youth Soccer receives your data via the FilesAnywhere account they will then upload this information into the US Soccer Connect system from Stack Sports. Stack Sports has generated an excel template that MUST be used by each organization in compiling their player registration database files for accurate uploading into the US Soccer Connect system
More details on how to create the Excel file can be found by clicking the following links:
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO UPLOAD REGISTRATION DATA TO FilesAnywhere
Uploading the town/club player data files using the above required excel formats is very easy.
* Save your excel file as a CSV file
- Using Excel at the “Save at Type” section select CSV (comma delimited)
* Use File Name as follows:
Town - Your Town Name. No spaces if more than one word
Season - Spring2020
Version - “a” for your initial upload, “b” for next, and so on.
* Save the file to a specific folder on your computer
* Upload the file to the Mass Youth Soccer FilesAnywhere account
- Click on or cut and paste the following link and follow the instructions provided
Or CLICK HERE
* Use the above process for providing your player additions during the season or at the latest by the Final Submission deadline.
- Make sure to only provide additions and not the entire file again.
PAYING ONLINE OPTION
If your organization prefers, instead of mailing in a check payable to Massachusetts Youth Soccer to Rachel Woo at Massachusetts Youth Soccer, 512 Old Union Turnpike, Lancaster, MA 01523 as noted on the fee submission form, online payments via a credit card may be made. Click on the line below to access this page. Even though the form is named “Team” it is also used for town/club fee submission payments.
Team Registration and Payment Form (to pay on-line)
Initial SPRING 2020 Registration requirements due date has been extended to Friday April 17, 2020.
Final SPRING 2020 Registration report and fees will be due on Friday May 8, 2020.