2023-2024 TSL Player & Parent Handbook
TSL Fall 2023 Game Schedule — CLICK HERE
TSL Fall Jamboree
Friday August 25th 4pm-8pm
Mass Youth Soccer Complex-Lancaster
TSL Practice Dates Fall 2023
Sept. 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th
Oct. 13th, 20th, 27th
TSL Fall 2023 Game Dates
Sept. 10th & Sept. 24th
Oct. 15th & Oct. 29th\
Tryouts for the 2023-2024 season have concluded, however if your child is interested in the Town Select League, please contact TSL Program Manager Maureen T. LaRoche at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Massachusetts Youth Soccer Town Select League works in cooperation with its town-based member organizations to provide an opportunity for players to experience a higher level of development and competition through participation within the TSL. Players who are registered to play for their respective towns are eligible to try out for the Town Select League.
The Town Select League’s primary focus is player development, select competition, quality coaching and joy of the game. The TSL is intended to be an extension of and enhancement to town programs, not competition for them.
- Match play occurs on Sunday twice a month and practices are one-per-week. Our schedule limits the required time commitment.
- Continued participation with friends and peers on their town travel team.
- Match play occurs in a confined geographic area within regional area and accessible via major highways in the area, setting reasonable limits on time and travel requirements.
- Players receive advanced training and experience a higher level of competition with other players of like skills at minimized cost.
- Players train under the guidance of qualified, committed coaches.
- Consistent teams and philosophy through fall, spring and optional winter seasons following the US Soccer Federation Player Development Initiatives.
Participation in the 2023/2024 program will be open to Mass Youth town organizations that are within the existing BAYS, Essex, Middlesex, MAYS and Nashoba Valley league areas.
Player Eligibility and Team Formation
- Players are eligible to try-out for the Town Select League if they: 1.) Are registered and play for their town team, 2.) Attend at least 1 tryout, 3.) Are not rostered on a club team that plays in an independent league, 4.) Commit to the fall and spring season.
- All players meeting age and participation criteria are invited to tryout, regardless of level of current town team assignment. Not every player makes a team.
- The TSL will use USSF calendar year age group designations. For the 2023/2024 soccer year players born in 2015 & 2014 will be 10U eligible; players born in 2013 will be 11U eligible; players born in 2012 12U eligible ;players born in 2011 will be 13U eligible; players born in 2010 will be 14U eligible .
- Tryouts take place between May 31st – June 6th and will be conducted by both the Massachusetts Technical Staff and the TSL Coaching staff.
- The match schedule will consist of 4 stand-alone Sunday matches with a season concluding jamboree in the Fall and Spring.
- Teams will practice once per week to minimize disruption of town team practices.
- Players will have the option to participate in our TSL Winter Indoor training program with other TSL players under the guidance of Mass Youth Soccer. The Winter Indoor Training will entail a separate registration and nominal additional fee.
- All Town Select League expenses will be covered by player fees including administrative expenses and referee fees.
- The total per player fee for fall/spring training and play will be $800
- Program fees will include up to 6 weeks of coaching each season (fall/spring), one practice per week and Sunday matches.
- Financial Aid - Please contact Maureen T. LaRoche at email@example.com.
- Winter Indoor Training will be a separate fee and is an ‘optional’ of the season.
- Final selection of coaches will be by the DOC and Mass Youth Soccer Technical Department.
- Recommendation/endorsement by Towns are highly encouraged.
- Experience – Minimum of 3 years coaching town soccer D1 or D2 teams at U12 or older.
- Licenses/Diplomas – Minimum requirement is the completion of the US Soccer Federation Grassroots 7 v 7, 9 v 9 or 11 v 11 OR a National D License.
- Mass Youth Soccer Requirements – Accomplishing and maintaining all Mass Youth Soccer coaching educational and training requirements on an annual basis.
- Professionalism – Must be in good standing with all Mass Youth Soccer affiliated organizations (towns, clubs, leagues). This includes no sanctions based on disciplinary actions or persistent history of complaints.