For the purposes of the DSP, the state is divided into seven Districts. Click the link below to find which district your town is in: Click here for Town Listing
In the event a team in a player's age group and gender is not formed in the player's DSP District, the player may elect to play in the appropriate age group and gender in a neighboring DSP District.
The District Select Program (DSP) is designed to be a development opportunity for players affiliated with Massachusetts Youth Soccer over the summer. The goal of the program is to provide a pressure free, yet competitive soccer environment in which players can focus entirely on their development. This program is developmental and therefore no standings will be kept during the season.
Boys and Girls 11U through 14U will play on Saturday’s. Boys and Girls 16U and 19U will play on Sunday’s. All games will be held at Massachusetts Youth Soccer fields located here.
Games will take place on the weekends of July 9/10, July 16/17, July 23/24, July 30/31.
The District Select Tournament for all age groups will run on August 6th and 7th.
DSP Admin Contacts
District Select Program Player/Parent Handbook 2021
DSP Player Expectations
- Attend all scheduled training sessions and games. Excused absences due to illness or family functions shall be communicated to the team coach ahead of time.
- Arrive at games 30 minutes prior to the official game start properly prepared with proper uniform, water, GK gloves (if applicable), soccer ball, hand sanitizer, face covering, shin guards, and anything else needed.
- Be attentive, respectful, and cooperative to coaches, officials, teammates, and parents. Players will exercise maximum effort during the training sessions and games.
- Abstain from the use of profanity.
- Strive to conduct themselves in a manner so as to avoid yellow and red cards.
- Players will recognize that they are responsible for the success of their own development.
- Players will display an inclusive attitude with their teammates.
- Communicate with their coach about questions or concerns relative to their participation within the team.
- Always promote the DSP in a responsible manner.
- Properly dispose of individual and team trash before and after practices and games.
Cost & Payment
The cost for the program will be $170 per player. Once a player has selected for a DSP team, he or she must formally make their DSP Payment on-line for the program. This is a separate process that will take place after the player has registered for and attended DSP Tryouts. Please complete the payment immediately after receiving the invitation to confirm the player’s roster spot.
For Summer 2022, All players will be required to purchase 2 New Balance Jerseys (Home: Red, Away: Sky Blue) from soccer.com. Black New Balance Shorts and White Socks are optional for returning players, but required for new players.
All uniforms kits will be in male/youth sizing. Goalkeepers will have an option to purchase a goalkeeper uniform.
Once players are invited into the program, they will be sent a separate link to purchase their kit via a soccer.com email with a designated uniform number. The cost for the two jerseys is about $50 plus shipping, shorts and socks are an additional $25.
Tryouts & Tryout Registration
All players interested in participating in the District Select Program will go through the tryout process. Each District’s tryouts will take place through the months of May and June. All interested players must register for tryouts in the Sports Connect-Club Connect platform prior to attending a session. Please click on your District below to Register for Tryouts.
11U, 12U, 13U, 14U teams should aim to have 1-2 training sessions per week within their district.
16U and 19U teams should aim to have at least 1 training session per week within their district.
Teams are encouraged to combine training sessions with other teams in order to create a more educational, more competitive, and more effective training session.
Coaches for DSP are committed to providing all of their players with a fun and competitive soccer environment. If you are a coach and are interested in participating in the DSP program, please follow the registration process in the link below.
DISTRICT SELECT COACH REGISTRATION PROCESS
The safety of all players, coaches, parents and spectators is of the highest importance to Mass Youth Soccer.
If necessary we will close fields the night before or early morning when expecting serious storms (lightning). Fields may only be closed for 1/2 day if possible. Otherwise, any subsequent field closings will take place on the field after consult with the Administrators on sight. Please check the Mass Youth Soccer homepage or call the weather hotline for field status.
WEATHER HOTLINE / FIELD CLOSURE - 978-847-0126