One of the issues that was brought up several times last fall by towns participating in travel, was that other town programs were not following the same procedures as they were
When it came to completing COVID Compliance Waivers, some organizations did it once at the beginning of the season, others did it before every game or practice, some not at all.
Following the COVID self-check recommendations is a concern for programs as they travel into neighboring towns that may be at a different COVID level than they are. There is no one size fits all solution to this, but one that will need to be solved on a league by league basis. The solution needs to be best suited to all of the towns in one league and fit the requirements of their local Health Departments. Whatever is decided is final and will be consistent throughout the league.
- Below are a few suggestions leagues can use for their travel programs: (In no specific order)
- Complete the waiver at the beginning of the season.
- Complete the waiver at the beginning of the season and again midway through.
- Complete the waiver prior to each practice and each game.
- Use an app (Team Snap/ Game Changer)
- Complete waiver at the beginning of the season. Set up a google form to be completed prior to each game and/or practice for parents to attest to.
Attendance Logs for Soccer Activities
Taking attendance at all Massachusetts Youth Soccer events is important as it provides us with the ability to notify participants and their families in the event of a confirmed positive case of COVID-19. Contact tracing helps protect our players their families and our soccer community by:
- Letting people know they may have been exposed to COVID-19 and should monitor their health for signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
- Helping people who may have been exposed to COVID-19 get tested.
- Asking people to self-isolate if they have COVID-19 or self-quarantine if they are a close contact.
- Helps Public Health Departments to identify a possible COVID-19 cluster.
It is necessary to have updated parent contact information in the event COVID notification must be sent to your team.
For all outdoor soccer activities Massachusetts Youth Soccer requires attendance logs be kept for all players, coaches, referees and other onsite administrators. In addition, all efforts should be made to keep an attendance log of all spectators at each soccer related event.