Expanded Background Checks
Consistent with new laws and our renewed focus on fighting child abuse, Mass Youth Soccer is committed to an expanded background check and screening process. Our new policy requires every adult member, of all organizations affiliated with Massachusetts Youth Soccer who may have the opportunity to have direct and unmonitored access to children to have background screening that includes:
- Massachusetts Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check
- National Background Check (inclusive of State and National Sexual Offender Registry Searches).
Mass Youth Soccer will also screen against all necessary external databases, disqualification lists and disciplinary records.
The following individuals are required to register:
- Coaches (all types)
- Team Managers, including designated team parents assigned team management responsibilities
- Board members (Officers, Directors, Administrators, Committee Chairs, Appointees, etc.)
- Referees (Note: All USSF Referees will complete their CORI registration through MSRC).
- Trainers (Permanent or Temporary)
- Organization Employees
- Concession Workers
- Tournament Organizers, Employees, Volunteers
- Any other person age 18 or older who may have the opportunity to have direct and unmonitored access to children.
These checks will be conducted in a streamlined and simple process. Adults will simultaneously complete their Mass Youth Soccer Online Adult Registration linking them to their local organization, while submitting their CORI and National background check requests through a single registration portal. The adult will have one Risk Status and Risk Expire date that will be the combination of the review of both the adult’s CORI and National background check reports.
The registration and background check process will be managed in the new U.S. Soccer Connect Membership Management Service from Stack Sports. For more information please visit the Adult Registration page.
JD Palatine is the Mass Youth Soccer National background check provider.
JDP Security Overview PDF
JDP Security Acceptable Use Policy