ADULT CREDENTIALS ARE REQUIRED FOR THE FALL 2021 – SPRING 2022 SOCCER REGISTRATION YEAR
Printing of adult credentials along with Risk Management requirement verifications/approvals are completed at the Association Level in U.S. Soccer Connect. If you do not have Association User Permissions, please review the “How to Obtain Administrative User Access” document located on the right-hand side of this page, or contact the Mass Youth Soccer CORI/Risk Administrator at CORI@mayouthsoccer.org
A link to how to print your adult members mass youth soccer adult credential is located at the bottom of this page
Every adult member of all organizations affiliated with Massachusetts Youth Soccer are required to have a current Mass Youth Soccer Adult Credential.
The primary purpose of the Adult Credential is for all parents of children to feel comfortable that all adults involved with their training, safety, well-being, coaching, etc. have been properly background checked, completed required course trainings, and are in good standing (registered and affiliated, thus insured) by Mass Youth Soccer. Initially we are relying on each member organization (towns, clubs, and leagues) to act as an SRO (Self-Regulatory Organization) in making sure their adults comply by displaying and possessing the credential as described next.
When arriving at the field the adult should have their credential worn around their neck. Then, in order not to hamper their activities (coaching, lining fields, running, etc.) they may if necessary, store the credential with their personal belongings during that activity.
Note: We expect all coaches to make every reasonable effort to wear the credentials at all times while working with the children.
In addition, as you prepare for the new soccer year, we ask all adults that will continue to coach/volunteer for the Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 soccer year to reuse their plastic sleeve and lanyard from the previous year. The town or club, will then issue the adult a new Fall 2020 - Spring 2021 Adult Credential insert.
The Credentials are universal. If a coach has a valid credential, is registered and affiliated with Mass Youth Soccer and all organizations he or she is participating with and has met all Risk Management requirements, that adult can work with any of his or her listed member organizations. It is required that they also meet the requirements of the league (i.e. having a valid coach ID Pass Card).
Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association has no expectation that a referee will have any responsibilities for checking, managing, dealing with, or handling any issues related to Adult Credentials.
Adult Credential are issued by a person designated by a member organization (i.e. Risk Manager (previously CORI Submitter), Registrar) who has access permissions into the U.S. Soccer Connect system to print them.
Adult Credentials - Printing Check List:
- Adult must have completed their Mass Youth Soccer Annual Adult Registration.
- Make sure you are in the correct registration year.
- Adult must be CORI and National Background Check (NBGC includes State and National Sex Offender Searches in its clearance status) Approved through the complete registration year.
- If not, the adult is required to complete their Mass Youth Soccer Adult Registration. This information is on the Adult Registration webpage.
- SafeSport Abuse Prevention Training must be Verified/Approved. This field should auto-verify/approve; if it does not, a local organization’s Administrator must verify the certificate of completion meets the required policy criteria prior to verifying/approving the document.
- Concussion Training must be Verified/Approved (CDC only). The concussion field does not auto-verify/approve. The adult must upload their certificate of completion, and a local organization’s Administrator must verify it meets the required policy criteria prior to verifying/approving the document.
- Ensure that the head shot photo is of pass card quality.
- Color photo
- Head shot
- Clear, not too dark
- Only registered adult in photo
- No hats, or sunglasses
If not acceptable, delete photo and inform the adult a new photo must be uploaded.
Important note: A Credential will only print if all Risk Management requirements below are met:
- There is a picture attached to the adult’s registration.
- If they are in a Risk Status of:
- Approved with a current Risk Expire Date.
- Conditional with a current Risk Expire Date.
- Under 18 Approved with a current Risk Expire Date.
- Mass Youth Soccer does not process background checks, nor is the SafeSport training required for the Under 18 Risk Status.
- If the adult is SafeSport Verified/Approved.
- If the adult is Concussion (CDC) Verified/Approved.
- All requirements met and still Unable to Print Credentials – The Credentials download as pop-up PDF’s. Most computers will not allow popups, so you need to adjust your settings to allow pop-ups. For Pop-up Blocker information refer to the Pop-Up Blockers PDF.
How to print Adult Credentials: How to Print Adult Credentials
Massachusetts Youth Soccer will supply you with the plastic sleeves and lanyards for your organization’s Adult Credentials. We recommend that you purchase perforated paper for the printing of Credentials; you may purchase the correct size paper from any vendor you choose.
How to Order Credentials Lanyards and Plastic Sleeves
Please click the link below for directions for ordering Lanyards, plastic sleeves and printing your organizations Credentials.
How to Order Credentials Lanyards and Plastic Sleeves
Lanyards and Plastic Sleeves Order Form
Below is the information for ordering the Blank Name Tag Insert for the Credentials.
PC/Nametag can be reached at 888.354.7868