REGISTRATION PROCEDURES FOR MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS' REGISTRARS
As a state association affiliated with U.S. Youth Soccer and U.S. Soccer, one of the primary functions of Massachusetts Youth Soccer is to assist in the organization and the administration of youth soccer programs across the state. This task begins with the registration of all players, coaches, managers, administrators, board members and volunteers who will be involved in any aspect and at any level of a youth soccer program.
With nearly 200,000 player and adult members (volunteers and staff), the annual registration is certainly a daunting task. All of us at Massachusetts Youth Soccer appreciate all of the efforts of those across the state who help with registration. Accurate and timely registration is needed to make certain each individual involved in your organization is properly covered under Massachusetts Youth Soccer’s insurance coverage.
FALL 2019 PLAYER REGISTRATION UPLOAD CHANGES
NEW SYSTEM AND PROCESS
As previously announced, Mass Youth Soccer is moving from the Affinity system to the US Soccer Connect system from Stack Sports. Ultimately our plans call for all player registration data uploads to be imported into the new US Soccer Connect system. Because of new system work yet to be completed we will be using a short-term solution which is very similar to our approach prior to converting the Affinity.
The process for the Fall 2019/Spring 2020 soccer year will be an Excel CSV file creation and upload to a secure and encrypted FilesAnywhere account (similar to how DropBox works). Detailed deadlines and instructions follow for the following steps that must be completed:Below are the steps that must be completed along with detailed instructions and deadlines.
Initial Fall 2019 Registration requirements are due no later than Friday August 30, 2019. All organizations are required to submit this registration which includes (1) Initial Upload of Player Registration data to FilesAnywhere account, (2) completed Fee Submission Form, and (3) Initial Payment by August 30, 2019.
Annual Leadership Reports will be replaced by a module within the US Soccer Connect system making it much easier to update. All leadership information must be kept up to date as changes are made. In the interim please complete the online Annual Leadership Report (Click Here)
Final Fall 2019 Registration will be due on Friday October 25, 2019. All organizations are required to submit this registration which includes (1) Final Upload of Player Registration data to FilesAnywhere account, (2) completed Fee Submission Form reflecting player/coach additions, and (3) Final Payment by October 25th. If the organization does not have any adds to their registrations after the August 30th date, an email to Rachel Woo with this notice is required.
REQUIREMENTS FOR FALL 2019 REGISTRATION SUBMISSIONS
1) Proper upload of player registration files in an Excel file using CSV format to the Mass Youth Soccer FilesAnywhere account. Details instructions on how to create the Excel CSV file are provided below along with how to manage the FilesAnywhere account upload.
Click Here for Excel file template
Click here for FilesAnywhere Upload Link
*** Reminder that Adults are no longer included in the uploaded data. All adults will be verified through the required Adult Registration Process. ***
2) Fee Submission Form emailed to Rachel Woo. Please note that the Fee Submission Form includes a certification by the registrar that the facts and figures contained in the registration database being submitted are true and accurate and that ALL of the individuals involved in the organization are being properly registered. firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Here for Form
Even though adult data is not included in the player upload, all adults must be accurately recorded in the Fee Submission Form.
(Per Player Fee is $17, Per Adult Fee is $17)
3) Initial payment for player and adult registrations to be paid by August 30, 2019.
4) Final data upload, form and payment for all additional player and adult registrations after the initial submission must be received no later than October 25, 2019. (Note only to list new additional members on the fee form when submitting additional registration information).
5) Annual Leadership Report – THE REPORT MUST BE COMPLETED USING THE CURRENT FORM UNTIL IT HAS BEEN REPLACED BY A NEW SYSTEM. AT A MINIMUM PLEASE PROVIDE OFFICER'S INFORMATION. All leadership information must be kept up to date as changes are made. Annual Leadership Report (Click Here)
Each youth soccer organization in the state must compile and maintain a registration database. Most organizations appoint a Registrar to oversee all such registration functions. The database will contain identifying information for each individual involved in the organization.
COMPILING THE REGISTRATION DATABASE
Due to new requirements from US Soccer’s implementation of their National Data Center and the convergence to new US Soccer Connect system we must receive more information than needed in the past. Certain U.S. Soccer questions have been added, but are not required (Country of Birth, Country of Citizenship and Played Abroad). One parent email address is now required.
After Mass Youth Soccer receives your data via the FilesAnywhere account they will then upload this information into the US Soccer Connect system from Stack Sports. Stack Sports has generated an excel template that MUST be used by each organization in compiling their player registration database files for accurate uploading into the US Soccer Connect system
More details on how to create the Excel file can be found by clicking the following links:
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO UPLOAD REGISTRATION DATA TO FilesAnywhere
Uploading the town/club player data files using the above required excel formats is very easy.
* Save your excel file as a CSV file
- Using Excel at the “Save at Type” section select CSV (comma delimited)
* Use File Name as follows:
Town - Your Town Name. No spaces if more than one word
Season - Fall2019
Version - “a” for your initial upload, “b” for next, and so on.
* Save the file to a specific folder on your computer
* Upload the file to the Mass Youth Soccer FilesAnywhere account
- Click on or cut and paste the following link and follow the instructions provided
Or CLICK HERE
* Use the above process for providing your player additions during the season or at the latest by the Final Submission deadline.
- Make sure to only provide additions and not the entire file again.
PAYING ONLINE OPTION
If your organization prefers, instead of mailing in check as noted on the fee submission form, online payments via a credit card may be made. Click on the line below to access this page. Even though the form is named “Team” it is also used for town/club fee submission payments.
Team Registration and Payment Form (to pay on-line)
Initial Fall 2019 Registration requirements are due no later than Friday August 30, 2019.
Final Fall 2019 Registration report and fees will be due on Friday October 25, 2019.