REGISTRATION PROCEDURES FOR MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS' REGISTRARS
As a state association affiliated with U.S. Youth Soccer and U.S. Soccer, one of the primary functions of Massachusetts Youth Soccer is to assist in the organization and the administration of youth soccer programs across the state. This task begins with the registration of all players, coaches, managers, administrators, board members and volunteers who will be involved in any aspect and at any level of a youth soccer program.
With nearly 200,000 player and adult members (volunteers and staff), the annual registration is certainly a daunting task. All of us at Massachusetts Youth Soccer appreciate all of the efforts of those across the state who help with registration. Accurate and timely registration is needed to make certain each individual involved in your organization is properly covered under Massachusetts Youth Soccer’s insurance coverage.
Initial Fall 2018 Registration requirements are due no later than Friday July 27th, 2018. ***All organizations are required to submit an initial registration to include the Fee Submission Form, Initial Upload and Initial Payment by July 27th. Annual Leadership Reports must be submitted no later than August 31st).***
Final Fall 2018 Registration report and fees will be due on Friday October 26, 2018. ***All organizations are required to submit final registrations (only additions) to include the Fee Submission Form, Final Upload and Final Payment by October 26th. If the organization does not have any adds to their registrations after the July 27th date, an email to Rachel Woo with this notice is required.***
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
1) Proper upload of player excel registration files to Affinity Sports
2) Fee Submission Form emailed to Rachel Woo (email@example.com).
(Per Player Fee is $14, Per Adult Fee is $16)
3) Initial payment for player and adult registrations to be paid by July 27th, 2018
4) Final Payment and registration report for all players and adults must be received no later than October 26th, 2018. (Note only to list new additional members on the fee form when submitting additional registration information).
5) Annual Leadership Report – Please complete the Annual Registration Requirement. If there are changes within your organization during the year, we ask that you submit an updated Leadership Report to ensure we have current contact information on file for your organization.
*** Adults are no longer uploaded to Affinity. All adults will be verified through the required Adult Registration Process. ***
All adults must be accurately recorded in the Fee Submission Form.
Each youth soccer organization in the state must compile and maintain a registration database. Most organizations appoint a Registrar to oversee all such registration functions. The database will contain identifying information for each individual involved in the organization.
COMPILING THE REGISTRATION DATABASE
Affinity Sports has generated an excel template that MUST be used by each organization in compiling their player registration database files. The template is accompanied by detailed instructions. U.S. Soccer Connect questions have been added, but are not required (Country of Birth, Country of Citizenship and Played Abroad). One parent email address is now required.
New Affinity Player Upload Template
Below is a link to a document that will help familiarize you with the upload registration process:
Affinity Sports Player Upload Instructions
STEP BY STEP GUIDE TO COMPLETING YOUR 2018-2019 REGISTRATION
STEP 1. Download the Affinity Player Upload Template. New Affinity Player Upload Template
STEP 2. Enter all of the required member data on the template.
- SeasonID: 1158
- SIDCODE: Can be found on the Program Info page on the upper right corner in Affinity Sports.
- Season: Enter the season for which you are registering, this year it will be FALL2018
- Date of Birth
- PlayerLevelCode: Recreational Player -R; Travel Player -T; Premier Player –P (If you have youth under the age of 18 working as referees only use "R" and they will be properly registered)
- Father or Mother Last Name
- Father or Mother First Name
- Father or Mother Home Phone
- Father or Mother Email Address
STEP 3. Submit your Player Registration Database to Affinity Sports.
STEP 4. A complete Fee Submission Form must be emailed to Rachel Woo (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include the date that your file was uploaded to Affinity. Player and Adult registration fees due are calculated on the Fee Submission Form. Please use the link below to download the Fee Submission form.
Fee Submission Form
(Please email completed form to Rachel Woo email@example.com)
Please note that the Fee Submission Form includes a certification by the registrar that the facts and figures contained in the registration database being submitted are true and accurate and that ALL of the individuals involved in the organization are being properly registered.
STEP 5. Payment can be made on-line via a credit card using the Team Registration and Payment Form or by mailing a check payable to Massachusetts Youth Soccer to Rachel Woo at Massachusetts Youth Soccer, 512 Old Union Turnpike, Lancaster, MA 01523.
Team Registration and Payment Form (to pay on-line)
Initial Fall 2018 Registration requirements are due no later than Friday July 27th, 2018.
Final Fall 2018 Registration report and fees will be due on Friday October 26, 2018.