State Cup Eligibility
State Cup Eligibility
US Youth Soccer 2017 Massachusetts State Cup Team Eligibility Requirements
1. All players must be age appropriate. Section 2 of Rule 221 of the US Youth Soccer National Championships Policy reads, in part....
(c) A team may have on its team roster only players of the following age groups for the seasonal year in which the team is participating in the National Championships
(1) For teams competing in the 13U, 14U and 15U age groups, each player on the team must be (A) of the age of the age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year, or (B) of the age in either of the next 2 younger age groups of that age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year.
(2) For the teams competing in the 16U, 17U, 18U, and 19/20U age groups, each player on the team must be (A) of the age of the age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year, or (B) of the age of any younger age group, through the 14U age group, of that age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year.
2. All players must be properly registered and in good standing with Massachusetts Youth Soccer.
3. All players must have a valid pass card in order to play.
4. Maximum of five (5) previously rostered players on a State Cup roster.
5. Any and all out of state players must have permission to play in Massachusetts from their home state prior to being placed on the State Cup roster.
6. Any and all international players (defined as a child born outside of the United States) must be properly cleared prior to being placed on a State Cup roster.
7. The team must be entered in the competition of the State Association in which at least 50% of the team’s players are registered.
8. The team must demonstrate continuity of rosters between league and State Cup by maintaining a minimum of 9 players common to both competitions.
9. The team must compete in a Massachusetts Youth Soccer approved qualifying league.
For complete requirements, refer to Section 1.07 of the Massachusetts Youth Soccer Constitution, Bylaws, Policies and Programs
10. Any team which forfeits /does not play two (2) or more league matches in the league the team is using for Cup qualification purposes shall be declared ineligible for Cup play. See #10 of the Team Statement of Compliance for “fine” details.
11. League rosters: For 12-U (9v9) cannot exceed 16 players at any time. For 13-U - 19/20-U cannot exceed 22 players at any time.
12. Cup roster must not contain any player who previously has been on a “frozen” 2017 State Cup roster anywhere within the United States
13. All coaches/managers must be registered with Massachusetts Youth Soccer, be in good standing, have a valid pass card and have been CORI submitted and cleared.