US Youth Soccer 2019 Massachusetts State Cup Team Eligibility Requirements
1. All players must be age appropriate. Section 2 of Rule 221 of the US Youth Soccer National Championships Policy reads, in part....
(c) A team may have on its team roster only players of the following age groups for the seasonal year in which the team is participating in the National Championships
(1) For teams competing in the 13U, 14U and 15U age groups, each player on the team must be (A) of the age of the age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year, or (B) of the age in either of the next 2 younger age groups of that age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year.
(2) For the teams competing in the 16U, 17U, 18U, and 19U age groups, each player on the team must be (A) of the age of the age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year, or (B) of the age of any younger age group, through the 14U age group, of that age group competition in which the team is participating in that seasonal year.
2. The team must be entered in the competition of the State Association in which at least 50% of the team’s players are registered/reside.
3. All players and adults must be properly registered and affiliated with Massachusetts Youth Soccer and US Youth Soccer.
4. All U13-U18 teams must compete in a Massachusetts Youth Soccer approved league. The league competition must consist of a minimum of one game against each of three different teams participating in the league.
5. A Massachusetts Youth Soccer State Cup roster must not contain any player who has been previously rostered to another 2019 State Cup roster (within the United States).
6. A team may not have more than 5 rostered players who were previously rostered during the current seasonal year with a club other than the club of which the team is a member.
7. Any and all international players (defined as a child born outside of the United States, including US Citizens) must be properly cleared prior to being placed on a State Cup roster.
8. The team must demonstrate continuity of rosters between league and State Cup by maintaining a minimum of 9 players common to both competitions.
10. Team Rosters: Maximum of 22 players
Game Rosters: Maximum of 18 players