Creating Your Program:
1. The unique thing about TOPSoccer is that each program is different and is created around the needs of the participants. Additionally, TOPSoccer athletes are placed on teams according to ability, not age.
2. Length of program is determined by organizer (6-8 weeks)
3. Playing rules.
a. Create rules to fit specific needs.
b. Use the US YOUTH SOCCER Under 6, Under 8 or Under 10 guidelines
4. TOPSoccer programs can have very modest beginnings.
5. For those athletes not able to participate due to medical reasons, design a skills program that is rewarding, challenging and fun.
6. Variety of choices.
a. Small-sided games (3 v 3, 4 v 4, 8 v 8, etc.)
b. Full-sided games (11v11)
c. Unified teams (ratio of challenged athletes to non-challenged athletes)
d. Indoor programs
e. Outdoor program
g. Skills only
7. Above all... keep it simple... KEEP IT FUN!
1. Use color coded goals or nets (e.g., red goals/yellow nets).
2. Have scrimmage vests available.
3. Have a ball for each athlete.
4. HAVE FUN!