Thank you to all the players, coaches, parents and referees for contributing to a successful Fall season and for bringing joy to the program each day.
We are looking forward to a fantastic Spring season.
TSL MARCH TRYOUT INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
TSL SPRING GAME DATES
April 14th, April 28th, May 5th, May 19th
The purpose of the TSL is for Mass Youth to partner with its town-based member organizations, in coordination with existing, recognized town travel (MTOC) leagues, to provide opportunities for town registered players to experience a higher level of training, development and competition. We hope to establish a bridge path to higher level state and club programs. The TSL is intended to be an extension of and enhancement to town programs, not competition for them.
Need access to your Affinity account? Copy and paste mayouthsoccer.sportsaffinity.com to your browser, enter your username and password, and proceed to your account.
2018/19 TSL information document: Click here to Download (PDF)
TSL FAQ Document
For any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two games per month of match play and one-per-week practice schedule limits the required time commitment
- Continued participation with friends and peers on their town travel team.
- Match play occurs in a confined geographic area within the assigned Region setting reasonable limits on time and travel requirements.
- Players receive advanced training and experience a higher level of competition with other players of like skills at minimized cost
- Players train under the guidance of qualified, committed coaches.
- Consistent teams and philosophy through fall, spring and optional winter seasons
Participation in the 2017/2018 program will be open to Mass Youth town organizations that are within the existing Essex, Middlesex, BAYS and Nashoba Valley league areas.
Player Eligibility and Team Formation
- Players may tryout and be selected for a Town Select Team if they are currently registered and participating in their town program.
- The TSL is designed for players who seek a higher level of training and competition but have decided not to make the commitment to higher level programs at this point.
- All players meeting age and participation criteria are invited to tryout, regardless of level of current town team assignment
- The TSL will use USSF calendar year age group designations. For the 2018/19 soccer year players born in 2009 will be 10U eligible; players born in 2008 will be 11U eligible; players born in 2007 12U eligible players born in 2006 will be 13U eligible; players born in 2005 will be 14U eligible and players born in 2004 will be 15U eligible.
- Tryouts take place starting in June and will be conducted by Mass Youth Soccer’s Technical Staff.
- The match schedule will consist of 4 stand alone Sunday matches with the season concluding jamboree of 2 games per team in the Fall and Spring.
- Teams will practice once per week to minimize disruption of town team practices.
- Players will have the option to participate in our TSL Winter Indoor training program with other TSL players under the guidance of Mass Youth Soccer. The Winter Indoor Training will entail a separate registration and nominal additional fee.
- All Town Select League expenses will be covered by player fees including administrative expenses and referee fees
- The total per player fee for fall/spring training and play will be $700
- Program fees will include up to 7-8 weeks of coaching each season (fall/spring), one practice per week; 6 Sunday matches and player uniforms.
- Financial Aid is available and an FA application must be submitted prior to the start of the Fall season.
- Winter Indoor Training will be a separate nominal fee.
- Final selection of coaches will be by the DOC and the Mass Youth Soccer Technical Department. TSL Coaches will be independent contractors.
- Recommendation/endorsement by Towns will be highly encouraged and sought
- Experience – Minimum of 3 years coaching town soccer D1 or D2 teams at U12 or older
- Licenses/Diplomas – Minimum requirement is the completion of the US Soccer Federation Grassroots 7 v 7, 9 v 9 or 11 v 11 OR a National D License.
- Mass Youth Soccer Requirements – Accomplishing and maintaining all Mass Youth Soccer coaching educational and training requirements on an annual basis.
- Professionalism – Must be in good standing with all Mass Youth Soccer affiliated organizations (towns, clubs, leagues). This includes no sanctions based on disciplinary actions or persistent history of complaints.