Town Select League
TSL Boys Game Schedule Fall 2016
TSL Girls Game Schedule Fall 2016
The purpose of the TSL is for Mass Youth to partner with its town-based member organizations, in coordination with existing, recognized town travel (MTOC) leagues, to provide opportunities for town registered players to experience a higher level of training, development and competition. We hope to establish a bridge path to higher level state and club programs. The TSL is intended to be an extension of and enhancement to town programs, not competition for them.
2016 TSL information document: Click here to Download (PDF)
TSL FAQ Document
For any questions, please email us at email@example.com
- Alternating weekends of match play and one-per-week practice schedule limits the required time commitment
- Continued participation with friends and peers on their town travel team..
- Match play occurs in a confined geographic area within Essex and Middlesex counties and accessible via the Rt 93/95/128/1 corridors in the area, setting reasonable limits on time and travel requirements.
- Players receive advanced training and experience a higher level of competition with other players of like skills at minimized cost
- Players train under the guidance of qualified, committed coaches.
- Consistent teams and philosophy through fall, spring and optional winter seasons
Participation in the pilot will open to Mass Youth town organizations that are within the existing Essex and Middlesex league areas and will be known as the Northeast Region
Click here for Town Select Groupings
Player Eligibility and Team Formation
- Players may tryout and be selected for a Town Select Team if they are currently registered and participating in their town program.
- Players will try out for teams in their town organization’s TSG; players from non-participating town organizations are eligible for neighboring TSG teams.
- The TSL is designed for players who seek a higher level of training and competition but have decided not to make the commitment to higher level programs at this point.
- All players meeting age and participation criteria are invited to tryout, regardless of level of current town team assignment
- The TSL will use USSF calendar year age group designations. For the 2016/17 soccer year players born in 2006 will be U11 eligible and players born in 2005 will be U12 eligible.
- Tryouts take place starting in early August and will be conducted by TSG’s under the direction and oversight of the Mass Youth Soccer’s Technical Staff.
- The TSL will kick off with the Fall 2016 season. The match schedule will consist of 3-4 Sunday jamborees on alternating weekends.
- Teams will practice once per week to minimize disruption of town team practices.
- The Spring 2017 season is anticipated to follow the Fall 2016 model, with changes incorporated as needed based on Fall season results.
- Players will have the option to participate in one or two sessions (7 to 14 weeks) futsal league competition or indoor training program with other TSL players under the guidance of TSL coaches. The winter component will be offered if sufficient demand exists and will entail a separate registration and nominal additional fee.
- Final selection of coaches will be by Mass Youth Soccer and coaches will be employees of Mass Youth Soccer.
- Recommendation/endorsement by Town Sectional Groups will be highly encouraged and sought
- Coaching Requirements
- Experience – Minimum of 3 years coaching town soccer D1 or D2 teams at U12 or older
- Licenses/Diplomas – Minimum of USSF “E” license with the achievement of the “D” license within 18 to 24 months, OR, minimum of NSCAA Level 4 Diploma with the achievement of the Level 5 diploma within 18 to 24 months.
- Mass Youth Soccer Requirements – Accomplishing and maintaining all Mass Youth Soccer coaching educational and training requirements on an annual basis.
Professionalism – Must be in good standing with all Mass Youth Soccer affiliated organizations (towns, clubs, leagues). This includes no sanctions based on disciplinary actions or persistent history of complaints.
||CLICK HERE TO ACCEPT ROSTER INVITATION