The purpose of the TSL is for Mass Youth to partner with its town-based member organizations, in coordination with existing, recognized town travel (MTOC) leagues, to provide opportunities for town registered players to experience a higher level of training, development and competition. We hope to establish a bridge path to higher level state and club programs. The TSL is intended to be an extension of and enhancement to town programs, not competition for them.
Fall Jamboree Oct 29th
Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association Fields at Progin Park, Lancaster
Games between 12-6pm with schedule to be posted by Oct 24th
Thank you to all families and friends of the TSL Program for truly making a difference in changing lives through your generosity.
TSL WINTER TRAINING
Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association will be offering a 6 week indoor TSL Winter Training session on Saturday mornings beginning in January 6th, 2018 at the Hamilton-Wenham Recreation Center 16 Union St. Hamilton, Ma. 01982.
The TSL trainings will be open to all boys and girls born in 2008, 2007,2006, 2005, 2004. The purpose of the indoor training is to improve technical skills and increase player efficiency and proficiency with the ball. Each session will focus on individual improvement, confidence with the ball, and the simple enjoyment of small sided games with friends and teammates. Sessions will be run by Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association.
TSL Indoor training sessions will take place from 8am-10am ( 8am -9am Boys, 9am-10am Girls) on Jan 6, 13th, 20th, Feb 3rd, 10th, and 17th with a snow day make up if needed. Registration is priced at $100 per player. Address: Hamilton-Wenham Recreation Center, 16 Union St, Hamilton, Ma. 01982
2017/18 TSL information document: Click here to Download (PDF)
TSL FAQ Document
For any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two games per month of match play and one-per-week practice schedule limits the required time commitment
- Continued participation with friends and peers on their town travel team..
- Match play occurs in a confined geographic area within the assigned Region setting reasonable limits on time and travel requirements.
- Players receive advanced training and experience a higher level of competition with other players of like skills at minimized cost
- Players train under the guidance of qualified, committed coaches.
- Consistent teams and philosophy through fall, spring and optional winter seasons
Participation in the 2017/2018 program will be open to Mass Youth town organizations that are within the existing Essex, Middlesex and BAYS league areas and will be known as the Northeast and Eastern Regions
Player Eligibility and Team Formation
- Players may tryout and be selected for a Town Select Team if they are currently registered and participating in their town program.
- Players will try out for teams in their town organization’s TSG; players from non-participating town organizations are eligible for neighboring TSG teams.
- The TSL is designed for players who seek a higher level of training and competition but have decided not to make the commitment to higher level programs at this point.
- All players meeting age and participation criteria are invited to tryout, regardless of level of current town team assignment
- The TSL will use USSF calendar year age group designations. For the 2017/18 soccer year players born in 2007 will be 11U eligible; players born in 2006 will be 12U eligible; players born in 2005 will be 13U eligible; and players born in 2004 will be 14U eligible.
- Tryouts take place starting in June and will be conducted by TSG’s under the direction and oversight of the Mass Youth Soccer’s Technical Staff.
- The match schedule will consist of 4 stand alone Sunday matches with the season concluding jamboree of 2 games per team in November.
- Teams will practice once per week to minimize disruption of town team practices.
- The Spring 2018 season is anticipated to follow the Fall 2017 model, with changes incorporated as needed based on Fall season results.
- Players will have the option to participate in one or two sessions (7 to 14 weeks) futsal league competition or indoor training program with other TSL players under the guidance of TSL coaches. The winter component will be offered if sufficient demand exists and will entail a separate registration and nominal additional fee.
- All Town Select League expenses will be covered by player fees including administrative expenses and referee fees
- The total per player fee for fall/spring training and play will be $700
- Program fees will include up to 8 weeks of coaching each season (fall/spring), one practice per week; 6 Sunday matches and player uniforms.
- No player selected for a team will be denied due to financial considerations
- Winter Futsal/Training fees will be based on the number of sessions enrolled.
- Final selection of coaches will be by Mass Youth Soccer and coaches will be employees of Mass Youth Soccer.
- Recommendation/endorsement by Town Sectional Groups will be highly encouraged and sought
- Experience – Minimum of 3 years coaching town soccer D1 or D2 teams at U12 or older
- Licenses/Diplomas – Minimum of USSF “E” license with the achievement of the “D” license within 18 to 24 months, OR, minimum of NSCAA Level 4 Diploma with the achievement of the Level 5 diploma within 18 to 24 months.
- Mass Youth Soccer Requirements – Accomplishing and maintaining all Mass Youth Soccer coaching educational and training requirements on an annual basis.
- Professionalism – Must be in good standing with all Mass Youth Soccer affiliated organizations (towns, clubs, leagues). This includes no sanctions based on disciplinary actions or persistent history of complaints.