Summary of Liability Insurance:
Insurance Company: Markel Insurance
Insured: This policy covers:
- All affiliated members in good standing with Mass Youth Soccer.
- All officers, directors, referees, linesmen, coaches, employees, official team members and volunteers with respect to their duties.
Policy Period: September 1st to August 31st each year.
Policy Limits: $1,000,000 each occurrence, $5,000,000 general aggregate bodily injury and property damage Per Event. NOTE: additional umbrella policy provides $1,000,000 each occurrence, $1,000,000 general aggregate.
- Commercial General Liability Coverage.
- Liability for bodily injury or property damage to spectators, game participants, and to members of the general public.
- Fund raising, meetings, awards banquets.
- Activities necessary or incidental to the conduct of practice, exhibition, post season and scheduled games.
- Products liability for food or drinks sold on premises.
- Incidental medical malpractice.
- Liability for false arrest, detention or malicious prosecution, libel, slander, defamation of character, or wrongful arrest.
- Abuse and molestation $1,000,000 per person, per occurrence; $2,000,000 aggregate per policy period.
- Medical Payments - $5,000 Any One Person, (excludes participants).
- Host Liquor liability for banquets and meetings.
Territory: Coverage is provided for sanctioned activity throughout the world. All teams traveling out of state or out of country must obtain Permission to Travel Permits for the insurance to be valid.
Exclusions: The policy does not cover:
- Property of others in the care, custody and control of the insured; such as personal property of players, coaches, or parents.
- Liability to pay Workmen's Compensation.
- Liability for work related injuries to employees.
NOTE: The exclusions shown above do not reflect all items contained in policy.
Additional Named Insured: Certificates of insurance are furnished to each association, identifying them as members of the state organization. Certificates or Insurance will be issued upon request adding the name of a school, district, university, private landowner, municipality, or sponsor, etc.
THIS OUTLINE IS ONLY FOR GENERAL INFORMATION AND NONE OF THE ABOVE SHALL AMEND OR ALTER THE INSURANCE CONTRACT. THE WORDING OF THE POLICY CONSTITUES THE ONLY AGREEEMENT BETWEEN MASS YOUTH SOCCER AND THE INSURANCE COMPANY. IN CASE OF CONFLICT, THE TERMS OF THE INSURANCE POLICY WILL PREVAIL.