Region 1 Champions League
Region 1 offers opportunities for highly competitive teams to test their skills and abilities against the best teams in the region.
The application deadline for R1CL passed on October 15, 2015.
Highlights of the Champions League:
- One game a day
- Limited circumstances will allow multiple game schedules in one day if all participants agree
- Flexible scheduling
- Target is 32 teams in each division; this is DOUBLE the previous number of teams
- Target is 8 team brackets
- Divisions will be broken down geographically to reduce travel for teams
- Modified promotion and relegation will be implemented, beginning with Spring 2016
- State seeding will be performed by State Directors of Coaching or State Designate
- Region I selection committee which will consist of technical and administrative people who will complete the final ranking for placement of teams in the league
- Region I will host a tournament league play weekend for U15’s and U16’s and possibly other age groups
- Rosters will not be frozen for league play
- Teams will be permitted to add 3 club pass players per game
If you have any questions about the application process, contact Terri Filippetti.