F LICENSE COACHING COURSE
The Mass Youth Soccer F License Coaching Course is designed for the novice Coach who has some experience coaching players from U8 to U12. It is intended for those who coach or who intend to coach U10 and U12 teams. While there is no waiting period between the G License and the F License, in order to obtain an F License, a coach must first have obtained his or her G License. A candidate must also be 16 years of age or older. The F License Course is an 8 HOUR course that involves both classroom and field work. Bring your soccer ball, a notebook and pen, water and snacks and dress ready to play!
• Discussions of the many characteristics of the U10 and U12 player.
• Technically and tactically age appropriate activities for U10 and U12 players
• Information on how to design and impliment an effective training session
• More thorough demonstration of basic technique in dribbling, passing, receiving, tackling, heading and shooting
• Elementary goalkeeping techniques
• Basic tactical ideas in reference to the principles of play
• Discussions on the differences in coaching each gender, motivation and team building, injury prevention and management and ethics.
REQUIRED PRE-COURSE INFORMATION
We have pre-course work for coaches taking the F License Coaching Course. For the "F", coaches need to go to the Online G License Course website (the pre course work is located on this website) www.massyouthcoachingcourse.org and register for the pre-course work. There is no cost to do this. We now utilize an online course platform…coaches will need to register to complete the Pre-course work, by choosing new registration on the left hand side. Once coaches complete the new registration page, a dashboard appears, and coaches can choose Pre-F course. If coaches have already registered on the Massachusetts Youth Soccer On-line education website, they will be required to log in, and choose the option Pre-F course work from their dashboard. Along with the pre-course information, coaches will be able to download the course manual for review prior to the course.
PLEASE NOTE: Coaches will not receive a certificate of completion from the F course, unless the pre-course work has been completed, in addition to the course hour requirements.
To Download the F-License Course Manual .....CLICK HERE.
The F License Course costs $60.00 per candidate.
TO REGISTER FOR AN F LICENSE COURSE
To Register for an F License Courses, please CLICK HERE.
This will access our online calendar of events. Click on the date of the course for which you want to register. On the right hand margin of the web page, you will see a link to all the License Courses scheduled for that date. Click on the course in which you are interested and follow the directions to REGISTER ON LINE.
HOST AN F LICENSE COURSE IN YOUR COMMUNITY
Mass Youth Soccer conducts F License Courses in various communities across the state. In order to host an F License Course in your community you must...
• Enroll a Minimum of 12 Coaches,
• Before requesting to host a F License Course, please review the Site Coordinator's Checklist by CLICKING HERE.
To Host an F License Coaching Course, CLICK HERE.
For more information please contact Tara Petricca,
Mass Youth Soccer's Program Manager at