The D - License Course
The D - License Course is designed for experienced coaches who wish to coach teams in older age groups and perhaps at the high school level. A candidate who earns his or her D - License will be granted either a "National D" or a "State D". Candidates who earn their "National D" will be free to pursue further USSF licensure. Candidates who earn their "State D" who wish to progress to national licenses must first upgrade to a "National D". Coaches looking to upgrade to a National D - License are required to attend the Methods Lecture and the final 2 days of the course again. They will need to conduct both a Practice Coaching Session and the final Practical Coaching Examination. Neither the oral nor the written examinations will be required to upgrade.
There are NO WAIVERS directly into the D Course.
• For experienced coaches of U12, U14, or U16 club / town / high school teams
• Coaching methodology and fitness
• More advanced techniques and tactics
• "The correction method"
• Successful completion of the E course
• The D License Course can only be taken after a Five (5) Month waiting period after completion of the E Course
• 3-4 years experience coaching older players is recommended
Materials to bring to the course:
• Soccer Ball
• Appropriate clothing (dressed to participate)
• Paper and writing utensil
• Lunch (if all day course)
Given out at the course:
• Mass Youth Soccer D Manual
• Coaching Program shirt
During the last 8 hours of the D - License Course, each Candidate will be required to take a one-hour written examination and to present a 20-30 minute Practical Field Coaching Session that will be graded.
Course Minimum Number of Participants: 20 Coaches
Duration: 36 hours
*** PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF SEPTEMBER 2012 THERE SHALL BE A $50.00 FEE TO RE-TEST AT THE D-LICENSE COURSE***
To register for one of our Mass Youth Soccer Coaching License Courses, please CLICK HERE. This will access our online calendar of events. Click on the date of the course for which you want to register. On the right hand margin of the web page, you will see a link to all the License Courses scheduled for that date. Click on the course in which you are interested and follow the directions to REGISTER ON LINE.
For more information please contact Tara Petricca at: TPetricca@mayouthsoccer.org