Dual / Multiple Rostering Policy
POLICY ON THE DUAL / MULITIPLE ROSTERING OF PLAYERS
Revised October 7, 2015
4.02. Multiple Rostering. Multiple rostering permits a player to play for more than one team during the same playing season, only as provided in this section.
A player may be rostered with no more than two (2) Mass Youth Soccer affiliated organizations during a playing season, regardless of age.
Clarifications and Exceptions:
· Within the entirety of the MTOC eligible affiliated Leagues, a player can play on only one team at a time during a playing season. A player may not play in two separate MTOC eligible affiliated Leagues at the same time, in the same season.
· A player may play on only one (1) team in a competition. League play is considered a form of competition.
· A player can play on only one team entered in National Championship Series play in a soccer year, regardless of the state in which that competition is played.
· A player on a team playing in any Mass Youth Soccer sanctioned league whose league team does not enter National Championship Series play (i.e., State Cup, Open Cup) may be rostered to another team for National Championship Series play only.
· A player may be placed on a state roster called a “TOURNAMENT TEAM ONLY ROSTER” without the need for multiple rostering. A TOURNAMENT TEAM exists only for the duration of a tournament and is NOT the player’s primary team. For purposes of this rule, MTOC is a competition, not a tournament.